Saturday, August 16, 2008

The beginning

Where do we start? This adventure started in September of 2005. I was adopted by my mom at Petsmart as part of the Hurricane Katrina Adoption. I really don't remember much about my life before being adopted. I only remember that there was tons of water and I was lost. I must have gotten sick from drinking bad water because I had to go to the hospital and remember the doctor telling the people that I almost died. The medicine made me better and I was adopted into a wonderful home in West Valley, Utah. My mom, Jana is a Special Education School Teacher. She is really patient. I was a bad girl and chewed up all her beautiful flowers in her yard. I didn't mean to be bad but they made my teeth feel good and she kept putting new flowers outside for me to chew on. She said I was going to be puppy soup if I didn't stop. I really tried. I really don' t know if it was the plants that made me sick or if that bad water just didn't want to go away. I had to be on a strict diet for about one year. No more chewing on flowers. Mom makes me stay in a kennell now. My tummy ache finally went away and I was introduced to a fun round toy that flew through the air. The flying disc was so cool, much more fun and challenging than a ball. Mom doesn't like to play with me very much. She says that it will hurt my hip joints and I need to save myself for flyball competitions. I have tons of energy. My favorite activity at home is to tease the cat. I can make her stay in any area of the house I want. The second cat doesn't like me either, he won't even come up the stairs. Maybe it is because I guard the stairs and tease him so much.

I joined the Utah Tailblazers Flyball club in April 2007. It is absolutely the best thing I have ever done. We practice 2 times a week and I raced for the first time in October 2007. I am still trying to get better and have to work really hard. I also raced and became a full time team member in March 2008. I am currently working on my speed. Mom says I need to be able to run a 3.9 so i need to keep working on being fast. I am competing with my team again in September so stay tuned for updates. draft 12:40:00 PM by Zoey Delete

1 – 1 of 1

6 comments:

cheri said...

Zoey - you go girl. Run really really fast and learn to turn on the box. Listen to your mom for heaven's sakes! and no chewing flowers at all and try to lay off of chewing all the squeakers.

R3K9S said...

Yea! Zoe has her own blog!
About time - lol

Glad you found your wonderful forever home.

We are so glad you joined our flyball team. What an asset you a have been. You ROCK GIRL!! And you mom isn't too bad at starts either ;)

I know that 3.9 is in your future..

kisses and clean passes,
Jake the Snake

G said...

Zoey you're such a ham. But we love you dearly and we are so lucky to have you with the Utah Tail Blazers

Grommie Paws

Tiff said...

Hey Zoey!
Way to go! I am glad that you have so much fun, and you have a place to use all of your energy!
Aunt Tiff

Anonymous said...

You have been tagged!

Unknown said...

You go, Zoey!

Aunt Jill